Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cream Cheese Cookies

... mmmm so good! That is all I have to say on that matter.

Story Time with Tara:

Today in school my co-teacher comes to me after first period and tells me that the elementary school, which is right next to the middle school, called and asked if I would be willing to teach one class at their school. He assured me I was allowed to say no, but because I had met the Korean English teacher at that school before and really wanted to help out the students, I said yes. He was so relieved! But then my co tells me that because the class would be during my one period break in the morning, I would no longer be teaching the grade threes and he would teach them instead. I LOVE my grade threes at Sinheung and had I known that before I said yes then I probably would've said no to the elementary school. I told him that it was fine if I taught the grade threes as well, but he insisted that it would be "too much work" for me to do and I should have a break during that time. I figured I'd let it be for this week and next week I'd argue my point. Besides, it's the grade threes who really should have a native English teacher because they're the ones who need good test scores to get into a good high school. The grade 6's have three more years to learn good English.
Anyway, I sit down at my desk to do a whole lot of nothing, but the computer wasn't working and there was no one I could ask. I had left all my papers in the class room so I couldn't even do text book planning or study Korean. So I went back to the class. When I went in, the whole class looks at me and went crazy. My favourite boy goes "Tara! I miss you!" so I said that I missed the class as well. I turned to James (my co.) and told him quite sternly that it would not be any more work for me to teach the grade threes because I use the same lesson plans anyway so the class was already planned. I don't care about down time, I'd rather be busy (Koreans don't seem to understand that... they like their breaks and naps!). I guess the class had made a big deal about not having me anymore when he told them earlier because he gave in right away when I said that. So my co tells them that I am now teaching them again and the whole class cheered. So I told them it would be a really hard class with lots of writing. I don't think they understood my joke...even when I said I was joking. Oh well. I had a ton of movie clips to show them anyway so it was a good thing I didn't have a hard class planned or they might regret asking for me back!
So, for a grand total of five minutes I no longer taught my grade threes. I also now have an extra class I am not getting paid for, but that was my choice for refusing to give up my grade threes. I get to run between two schools twice to make it in time for each class, but I'm fine with that. At least I get to walk around.
I almost told James I'd give up my grade twos to teach at the middle school, but I'm pretty sure even HE doesn't want to teach them more than he has to. (incase you forgot, they're my annoying class).

Hmmm I have decided I write stories that could be told in three sentences and make them into a long ordeal. I just like details.

What else?

We went to Seoul on the weekend. Four days after the North Koreans got all pissed off at South Korea for apparently instigating the navel battle off the coast of Korea where a North Korean soldier died last week Tuesday. We didn't get bombed so that's good. I think I heard it's been quite a number of years since they're had a full out navel battle between the two Koreas.

Obama is also in Korea right now. The radio told me that incase I had any ideas of knocking on his hotel door I should re-think those plans because it's crawling with cops wearing mufflers.

I have no classes tomorrow. Grade threes have final exams. Then a month and half more of school. Whoever invented the Korean school system was messed. The grade threes aren't going to care about anything after exams are over. Good thing I love them so much (in all my schools too!) because then I can plan fun games and stuff and not follow the boring textbook.

Cherrah, Kristen, and I went out for Italian last night and ordered the family meal because it was really cheap and intended to take most of it home. When we were finished the waiter told us we can't get take out...only pizza goes in take out. We argued, but since he knew ten words of English and we knew the same ten words of Korean we didn't get anywhere. So we looked at each other and dug in. We were stuffed. I think Kristen ate at least half, if not more, of the whole meal.

Cindy came over last night to show me how to work my heater since I didn't know how (ie. Tara didn't pay attention when she was told in August) and I am no longer freezing every evening and morning. Lucky me the weather warmed up today too! At least I can work it now though.

yep. that's about all I'm going to tell you. I have no pictures. They are on Kristen's computer. Sad for you. Next time maybe!

1 comment:

  1. Things you could also say about the matter:

    - Thank-you for the recipe, Kristen.

    Things I have to say about the matter:

    - You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete